Become a part of our family...
What It Means To Be A Member
The difference between attenders and members can be summed up in one word...commitment. At First Denham we recognize the need for a formal membership. We ask you to commit to membership for four reasons...
1. A Biblical Reason: Christ is committed to the church. "...Christ loved the church, and he gave his life for it.”- Ephesians 5:25
2. A Cultural Reason: It is an antidote to our society. We live in an age where very few want to be committed to anything...a job...a marriage...our country. This attitude has even produced a generation of “church shoppers and hoppers”. Membership swims against the current of America’s “consumer religion.” It is an unselfish decision.Commitment always builds character.
3. A Practical Reason: It defines who can be counted on. Every team must have a roster.Every school must have an enrollment. Every business has a payroll. Every army has an enlistment. Even our country takes a census and requires voter registration. Membership identifies our family.
4. A Personal Reason: It produces spiritual growth. The New Testament places a major emphasis on the need for Christians to be accountable to each other for spiritual growth. You cannot be accountable when you’re not committed to any specific church family.
What is expected of me as a member?
At First Denham we never ask our members to do more than the Bible clearly teaches. We only expect our members to do what the Bible expects every Christian to do.
First Baptist Church Membership Expectations…
- By acting in love toward other members
- By refusing to gossip
- By following the leaders
- By praying for its growth
- By inviting the unchurched to attend
- By warmly welcoming those who visit
- By discovering my gifts and talents
- By being equipped to serve by my pastors
- By developing a servant’s heart
- By attending faithfully
- By living a Godly life
- By giving regularly
How Do I Become a Member?
The easiest and best way to become a member of First Denham is to attend one of our StepONE: Connect to Membership classes. We offer these classes about every 6 weeks during the Sunday morning services or Sunday night during Discipleship classes and FirstKids QUEST. You can register for our next class by visiting connectmetoday.org or by emailing email@example.com.
StepONE Is Right For YOU!
Every 6-8 weeks, we offer StepONE for all new and prospective members as an orientation and an opportunity to finalize membership or other decisions. We explore four aspects of our family during StepONE. You'll learn about our salvation, statements, strategy, and structure. Our goal is to provide details and guidance as you seek God's will as to whether you should become a part of our family. StepONE is conducted on a Sunday morning from 9:00 am until 10:30 am or a Sunday night from 5-6:30pm so that you won't have to carve out another time in your busy schedule. An added bonus for parents is that this doesn't require you to secure childcare or a meal. Maybe God is calling to you explore your next step. Why not explore First Denham's StepONE as you seek the Lord? Start the process of registering for our next session by clicking HERE...